Saturday 14 February 2009

ANOTHER VALENTINE TANTRUM

Dr. Meredith Grey: You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales, that fantasy of what your life would be, white dress, prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill. You would lie in bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close you could taste them, but eventually you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is its hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely cause almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true...


Well I don't know about fairytales and me I just don't have that in me..it's so classic..I mean when I was a kid I played with marbles, rubber bands, hide and seek and throwing slippers to that empty can and run as fast as you can to get that slipper again and get back in line. Well the thing is barbies have never been me, or disney fairytales nope I guess I have always been realistic even as a child. I thank myself for that. I've seen girlfriends go yankees over boyfriends who doesn't meet their cinderella and the prince needs. Or the saving Ranpunzel kind of feeling. I am more like Fiona and Shrek type of girl hehehe...!!! But Yeah I guess we all have our own ways to maintain the hope wether it's not thinking about it or fantasizing friday evening that prince charming will ride that white rose and might just rescue you for just one night.... I just like having things come as they go...well that's just me I guess...as long as I love and I'm loved that's the most important thing for me. the other things??? well you just gotta have to work that out together. At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it's not so important happy ever after, just that its happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you , and once in a while people may even take your breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment