Thursday 14 May 2009

Stop parenting me how to parent my girls…


The title of this post must seem harsh but I don´t mean it that way. We parents have different parenting techniques and we accept each others way of raising our child or children. Some other moms parenting techniques may seem odd for us. For me I am really trying to right the wrongs of my guidance parenting. Like spanking or talking down to children. Or ignoring what a child is telling you. I am trying so hard to guide my girls to be an even better person than I am. And trying so hard to live by my teachings. I have read books about parenting but in the end you know what’s best for you and your kids. Moms are different, it depends really on your individual child. I may have active children and you don’t or I may be overprotective about my kids and you take it easy with them regarding playing outdoors. Moms are different we build our own protective walls around our kids differently. Just like how moms and dads have different parenting techniques. You may think that dad do it the wrong just coz he doesn’t do it your way, but his way actually worked better and you just sit there thinking ‘’ok am I having wrong parenting techniques?’’. I might come to some explanations for that. Well mom are different maybe because : Moms form a protective attachment to their babies during pregnancy, when we're so focused on having a healthy and safe child that we give up all sorts of risky behavior ourselves. I think some of the instinctive protectiveness comes from this. Where dads are more like when a kid climb up the fence and you ask them ‘’why´´ they would simply answer because it’s there and it looks like a jungle on the other side ready to be explored and you just stand there clueless about their fantasy games. You’re just so focused on your child might get hurt. I have it this way "If kids don't experience somewhat risky physical fun, it might make them more cautious and less willing to try things they haven't quite mastered yet,"but sometimes I can go over the edge, scared that my babies will hurt themselves even though I want them to go explore the backyard or the playground. I think It’s the instinct itself. But I have never doubted mine, maybe a couple yeah but I have learned to be flexible so that I can learn how to tolerate active behaviors better. Believe I really need that with my girls. Being a mom is suppose to be the funniest role ever in this life and it really is. Except when kids go sick. The stages they go through I love it. It makes me miss my kids even more writing this blog. HUHUHU….




Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment